Submit a FIPPA request
If you wish to submit a request under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, you can do so by email. Please read the following instructions and information:
Your email request must include the following:
- Your first and last name
- Your mailing address
- Your email address or phone number (preferably both)
- A statement clearly describing the specific records you are looking for
- If you are representing the requester, include a written signed consent form indicating that you have been given authority to make the request on behalf of your client. The authorization must specify that the request is being made under FIPPA and is being made for records held by the Pay Equity Office.
- A cheque for $5 made out to the Minister of Finance*
* While the Pay Equity Office remains closed to regular mail deliveries, staff will follow up with you regarding alternative arrangements to receive your $5 application fee.
The Pay Equity Office will begin its review of your FIPPA request once the Office has received your complete request. The Office will advise you whether we have responsive records, and if so, will provide you with a copy of those records as permitted by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Note that FIPPA sets out specific rules regarding the types of records that the Office is permitted to release.
Send your request to AskPayEquity@ontario.ca.
The Pay Equity Office is located at
180 Dundas Street West, 3rd Floor
Toronto ON M7A 2S6
PEO Toll Free: 1-800-387- 8813
TTY Toll Free: 1-855-253-8333