14.1 (1) If, in an establishment in which any of the employees are represented by a bargaining agent, the employer or the bargaining agent is of the view that because of changed circumstances in the establishment the pay equity plan for the bargaining unit is no longer appropriate, the employer or the bargaining agent, as the case may be, may by giving written notice require the other to enter into negotiations concerning the amendment of the plan.
Application of s. 14
(2) Clause 14 (2) (b) and subsections 14 (3), (4) and (5) apply, with necessary modifications, to the negotiations and to any amendment of the plan that is agreed upon.
Failure to agree
(3) If the employer and the bargaining agent do not agree on an amendment before the expiry of 120 days from the date on which notice to enter into negotiations is given, the employer shall give notice of the failure to the Commission.
(4) Subsection (3) does not prevent the bargaining agent from notifying the Commission of a failure to agree on an amendment by the date referred to in that subsection.
Non-bargaining unit plan
(5) If the employer is of the view that, because of changed circumstances in the establishment, the pay equity plan for that part of the establishment that is outside any bargaining unit is no longer appropriate, the employer may amend the plan and post in the workplace a copy of the amended plan with the amendments clearly indicated.
(6) Subsection 15 (2) and subsections 15 (4) to (8) apply, with necessary modifications, in respect of an amended plan described in subsection (5).
(7) If a plan is amended under this section, the compensation adjustment for each position to which the amended plan applies shall not be less than the adjustment that would have been made under the plan before it was amended. 1993, c. 4, s. 9.