- (1) The Pay Equity Office is responsible for the enforcement of this R.S.O. 1990, c. P.7, s. 33 (1); 1993, c. 4, s. 20 (1).
- Without limiting the generality of subsection (1), the Pay Equity Office,
- may conduct research and produce papers concerning any aspect of pay equity and related subjects and make recommendations to the Minister in connection therewith;
- may conduct public education programs and provide information concerning any aspect of pay equity and related subjects;
- shall provide support services to the Hearings Tribunal;
- shall conduct such studies as the Minister requires and make reports and recommendations in relation thereto;
- shall conduct a study with respect to systemic gender discrimination in compensation for work performed, in sectors of the economy where employment has traditionally been predominantly female, by female job classes in establishments that have no appropriate male job classes for the purpose of comparison under section 5 and, within one year of the effective date, shall make reports and recommendations to the Minister in relation to redressing such discrimination; and
- shall prepare and make available to employers a form of notice to be posted under subsection 1 (1). R.S.O. 1990, c. P.7, s. 33 (2); 1993, c. 4, s. 20 (2).
Chief administrative officer
- The Lieutenant Governor in Council shall appoint a person to be the head of the Pay Equity Office and that person shall be the chief administrative officer of the
Minister may require studies, etc.
- The Minister may require the Pay Equity Office to conduct such studies related to pay equity as are set out in a request to the head of the Office and to make reports and recommendations in relation thereto.
- Not later than the 31st day of March in each year, the head of the Pay Equity Office shall make an annual report to the Minister on the activities and affairs of the Commission and the Minister shall table the report before the Assembly if it is in session or, if not, at the next session. R.S.O. 1990, c. P.7, s. 33 (3-5).