29. (1) The Hearings Tribunal may exercise such powers and shall perform such duties as are conferred or imposed upon it by this Act or the R.S.O. 1990, P.7, s. 29 (1).
(2) Without limiting the generality of subsection (1), the Hearings Tribunal,
(a) may decide in an order made under subsection 17 (1) or clause 25 (2) (a) that any job class is a female job class or a male job class;
(b) may make rules for the conduct and management of its affairs and for the practice and procedure to be observed in matters before it;
(c) may require that any person seeking a determination of any matter by the Hearings Tribunal shall give written notice, in such form and manner as the Hearings Tribunal specifies, to the persons that the Hearings Tribunal specifies;
(d) may, upon the request of the parties or on its own initiative, convene one or more pre-hearing conferences;
(e) may order a party to disclose such evidence and to produce such documents and other things as the Tribunal may specify before the commencement of a hearing;
(f) may authorize the presiding officer or a deputy presiding officer to exercise the powers of the Tribunal under clause (d) or (e); and
(g) may in a hearing admit such oral or written evidence as it, in its discretion, considers proper, whether admissible in a court of law or R.S.O. 1990, P.7, s. 29 (2); 1993, c. 4, s. 17.
(3) The presiding officer may establish panels of the Hearings Tribunal and it may sit in two or more panels simultaneously so long as a quorum of the Hearings Tribunal is present on each panel.
(4) The presiding officer or a deputy presiding officer, one member representative of employers and one member representative of employees constitute a quorum and are sufficient for the exercise of all the jurisdiction and powers of the Hearings Tribunal.
(5) The decision of the majority of the members of the Hearings Tribunal present and constituting a quorum is the decision of the Hearings Tribunal, but, if there is no majority, the decision of the presiding officer or deputy presiding officer R.S.O. 1990, c. P.7, s. 29 (3-5).