- (1) The head of the Pay Equity Office shall designate one or more employees of the Office to be review officers.
Review officers, duties
- Review officers shall monitor the preparation and implementation of pay equity plans, shall investigate objections and complaints filed with the Commission, may attempt to effect settlements and shall take such other action as is set out in this Act or in an order of the Hearings Tribunal.
- A review officer, for the purpose of carrying out his or her duties,
- may enter any place at any reasonable time;
- may request the production for inspection of documents or things that may be relevant to the carrying out of the duties;
- upon giving a receipt therefor, may remove from a place documents or things produced pursuant to a request under clause (b) for the purpose of making copies or extracts and shall promptly return them to the person who produced them;
- may question a person on matters that are or may be relevant to the carrying out of the duties subject to the person’s right to have counsel or some other representative present during the examination; and
- may provide in an order made under subsection 16 (2) or 24 (1) that any job class is a female job class or a male job class.
- The Statutory Powers Procedure Act does not apply to a review officer and he or she is not required to hold a hearing before making an order authorized by this Act.
R.S.O. 1990, c. P.7, s. 34.